"Free"? - - Sure!

4.25.08
Sunday we are going to another free concert! Our worship pastor has offered free tickets to the Petersburg Symphony concert. Years ago we went to Pocahontas State Park Amphitheater to see the Richmond Symphony and we haven't been to hear a symphony since. We're excited! We're always looking for inexpensive activities & ways to spend time together on the weekends - relaxing AND inexpensive. This seems to fit nicely into both categories!

I was really missing my dad recently. Ya know what I did? I went into a "Big Lots" store and just walked around! Isn't that funny? Dad fell in love with that store and told me all about it, but I never went into one until after he passed away. Are any of you familiar with Big Lots? If you are and you knew dad you must be smiling right now because just thinking of that store brings to the imagination dad finding some incredibly cheap deal on something terribly needed!

I'm thinking this weekend is a hammock weekend. We don't have anything very pressing and the weather is cooperating. There's a nice lawn in front of the buildings where we live that has several old black walnut trees. We have hooks in a few that we attach our hammocks to. Beyond that shaded area is a beautiful open field of freshly mown grass. It makes for a great nap! Kendall, Madison and I never seem to fall asleep but I consider it somewhat of a nap if I'm actually doing nothing! I love to look up through the walnut trees with the sky behind the leaves. The pattern the leaves grow in is mesmerizing! Call me strange, but that kind of thing restores me after a long week; it's like a breath of fresh air after being in a stuffy room!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am certainly mesmerized...Who is that curly-q in the picture? Is that you Jayne??? LOVE IT!!!

That hammock sure brings back some memories! Our tree hasn't leafed out from the buds yet...I can't wait!!!

Lloyd Family said...

I think that's you...right Joni? I can't tell when it's anonymous! That is actually a picture of Heather, Kendall's friend last year in the hammock. And geez o'pete is she ever a curly q! Only head of hair I've ever known to be thicker than Jeri's!!!

Jeri "Curly Girl" said...

I love to hear all the music! I also remember Dad's love of wandering through Big Lots. I enjoy doing the same. I am missing him as well. As for the hammock - I wish I had some trees to hang one from. Gazing up through the tops of the trees is another favorite thing to do.

Lloyd Family said...

Oh my goodness! SO GREAT to hear from you. Did that bring a smile to your face? (Big Lots) My trip in there was oddly comforting! I hope you're doing great...and I hope you get on often! The kids have one too - they'd love for you to visit it. I'm going to add a link list to the side of the page.

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates