All The Pieces Came Together



God is so very cool. He just has an amazing way of setting us up. He takes something in your heart and works a really beautiful design, bringing all the pieces together just right with a percision and excellence that makes you realize he just began with your small desire and poured His blessing all over it.

Kendall met a lady at our church yard sale and bought a small lap quilt from her. She then asked if I'd invite her over and ask her to show us a few pointers. I didn't move too quickly. I didn't know if the invitation would interest this woman. I knew she had a very sweet spirit, but I didn't know her well. Finally I stepped out. I sent an invitation and contacted her. Then today came and God showed his goodness through her.

She had prepared supplies for Kendall & Madison (needles, pins, fabric, thimbles) & material for us to read. She had prepared blocks with batting and began teaching us about measuring, cutting and stiching techniques. As she talked we found out she had owned a quilting shop and is not only an expert but also far too humble to call herself such. She truly wanted to share her joy in what she does so well! She had gathered up quilts and hangings she'd handcrafted through the years to show us examples of different combinations and patterns. She took something that to beginners' eyes looks very tedious and arduous and showed us the satisfaction and pleasure that is stitched & sewn, step by step, throughout the finished work. After all, the joy is in the journey, right? Today was a really good day.





No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates