Christmas Thoughts

Image from www.freefoto.com
12.18.08

This Christmas I hope all that God accomplished through sending his Son, and all Jesus accomplished through laying down his life for his Fathers' will would be more realized in my own life. It could never be a one time thing! It's an ongoing process - His work in my life. He's already made all the provision; I just have to let Him work it out. And when He gains the ground in me He's working on, or I receive the insight He has for me to do that thing, or my foot steps forward into that place of faith... whatever it might be, thankfully He won't leave me there! And thankfully He already knows what He has in store after that! There's so much God wants to change in me & do through me and it all begins and ends with that love he showed. No - "showed" is a weak word. Demonstrated. He demonstrated His love. The word demonstrated is one of my favorite sign language words. The left palm is held in front of the body facing outward. (go ahead, you know you want to!) Then the right index finger points into the left palm as together the hands are thrust forward. I don't know why I like it so much, other than it's very solid. It's a sure thing ~ even in the way it's signed.


It's a sure thing. God's love. Not only was it demonstrated through his Son, but it reaches into our every need for every single one of the days that lie ahead of us all! It's as solid as it was the day Jesus was born, and as sure as it was the day he died. I hope it's increasingly realized in my own life and in yours. He takes us from glory to glory ~ Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just knew I was going to try that sign, didn't you? I just love it!!!

It's not as though the precious gift of his Son that first Christmas wasn't enough...yet He allows me to experience the depth of that love for me over and over and over again. It's like a new present everytime! It's the only gift that has the power to do that for us.

I believe this Christmas will mark a time in my life when I can truly say...my joy knows no bounds. He is lovin' on me in ways that take my breath away! Thank you, Jesus...Thank you!!!

Love you Jayne...and keep sharing all that precious insight. I'm blessed to have you for a sister!

Joni

Lloyd Family said...

I did know you would!!! I could see you doing it too! I love you too, Joni. "Blessings in Hindsight!"

Dani7151969@gmail.com said...

you are such a beautiful woman! I am truly blessed to have you as my friend! Such a profound way you have with words-talented to say the least. ;) i love you!!!

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates