One Day At A Time

5.8.08


One day at a time, with its failures and fears,

With its hurts and mistakes, with its weakness and tears,

With its portion of pain and its burden of care;

One day at a time we must meet and must bear.

One day at a time to be patient and strong,

To be calm under trial and sweet under wrong;

Then its toiling shall pass and its sorrow shall cease;

It shall darken and die, and the night shall bring peace.

One day at a time - but the day is so long,

And the heart is not brave, and the soul is not strong,

O Thou compassionate Christ, be Thou near all the way;

Give courage and patience and strength for the day.

Swift cometh His answer, so clear and so sweet;

"Yea, I will be with thee, thy troubles to meet;

I will not forget thee, nor fail thee, nor grieve;

I will not forsake thee; I never will leave."

Not yesterday's load we are called on to bear,

Nor the morrow's uncertain and shadowy care;

Why should we look forward or back with dismay?

Our needs, as our mercies, are but for the day.

One day at a time, and the day is His day;

He hath numbered its hours, though they haste or delay.

His grace is sufficient; we walk not alone;

As the day, so the strength that He giveth His own.


~By Annie Johnson Flint~


Turning 39 wasn't so bad!
We went out and had a nice lunch and enjoyed a quiet day together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Lloyds!

Thanks for sharing every bit of this......It was a beautiful ending to my day! I love you all!

Love ~ Joni

Laura Maria said...

Happy belated birthday Jayne!! I canät believe I missed it. I hope it was a good one! You look fantastic... and girls have grown up so much! I Can't wait to meet you all. Miss you guys a lot!

Hey, I got inspired today and posted up a new (short) blog... in english, so now you will have something to read that you actually understand! :)

Dani7151969@gmail.com said...

You are beautiful~it's true!!!

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates